Dave Ramsey is my favorite financial guru. I coordinated Financial Peace University (FPU) for my church and learned a lot listening to his radio program, reading his books, attending FPU as a student and serving as a coordinator / coach.
Takeaways from this summary:
- Avoid instant gratification. Everything comes with hard work.
- Money issues are the leading cause of divorce.
- If you want wealth, lead a life of integrity and of principles and values.
- Big enemies of financial challenges: credit card debt, student loans, huge mortgages.
- Seek accountability partners in all areas of life, including finances.
- As it relates to credit card debt (or anything else for that matter) - "The level of intensity with which you embrace change will determine how quickly you turn things around."
- Advertising is designed to distrupt contentnment.
- True wealth is measured by how much you are giving to others.
I read this summary at GetAbstract.com